UPDATED: APR 2021
- This is a writing problem; not a speaking problem.
- Many native speakers will make this error as well.
- A LOT = CORRECT
- ALOT = INCORRECT
- A lot of people study English before going abroad to study at a university.
- He has a lot of problems at work.
- When you have a lot of students from your country in your English class, it is best to sit next to someone from another country so you don't use your native language in the classroom.
- Does he have a lot of friends in London? <=correct
- Does he have alot of friends in London? <=incorrect
CHECK OUT: A WHILE and AWHILE