(comparing two things or a groups things)
verb + more + adj + than
verb + less + adj + than
UPDATED: AUGUST 2020
- Commonly used with adjectives of more than one syllable.
difficult, expensive, intelligent, impatient, studious, aggressive, thoughtful, careful,
- John is more intelligent than me.
- Susan thinks less about her career goals than John.
- Apples are more expensive than oranges.
- Your laptop is less complicated than mine.
- Japanese cars are more stylish than American cars.
- Our Accountant is much less impatient than our Bookkeeper.
- The Marketing Director is more aggressive than the CEO.
- Trump is less tolerant of foreigners than Obama.
- Chinese is more difficult to learn than English.