UPDATED: SEPT 2020
- Ache is a pain, but dull; not sharp.
- Think constant pain.
- I have a: backache, earache, headache, stomach ache, toothache.
- Idiom: He's aching for a promotion.
- After working all day at the trade fair, my feet ache.
- Does your back ache after loading trucks all day?
- You had better see the Doctor about that ache you have had in your shoulder for the last month.
Usually used with the verb "to have or to feel"
- stronger than "ache".
- can come and go
- You have pain.
- Idiom: Bill is a pain in the neck.
- To describe pain in muscles.
- Sore when you move muscles.
- Used with the verb "to have".
- My legs are sore from my workout at the gym.
- I have a sore throat.
- Idiom: Don't get sore at me because you lost money in Las Vegas!
"Sore" is also a noun.
- Doctor. What are these sores on my arm?