UPDATED: AUGUST 2020
- Can be used in several different situations. See the examples below.
- It can also be used as a noun.
"The breakup of the company cost many people their jobs."
- You had better break up with her soon or you will go crazy.
- When I broke up with my wife, I moved to China.
- The airliner broke up in the air killing all the passengers and crew.
- My Sister broke up when she heard the news about the airliner crashing.
- Bill broke up when I told him the joke about ESL students.
- The meeting broke up just after midnight.
Where do I put the pronoun
- break + pronoun + up +
He told her the joke and it broke her up!
He broke up the fight. He broke it up.
- break + up + pronoun x