UPDATED: NOV 2021
- Thomas will call to her. X INCORRECT
(you will be understood, but the listener will note the incorrect English)
- I will call her tomorrow. + CORRECT
- CALL + PRONOUN:
You don't use "to" after "call" with a pronoun (him, her, them, etc)
- CALL + TO + VERB:
You can use "to" with a verb.
(I will call to explain the importance of her trip.)
- I will call him and ask that he send the money tomorrow.
- Did he call Bill about the money transfer?
- I called you to let you know that you should bring your computer to class next week.
- Mary called me about buying our tickets to Miami. (universities >)
- You should call the teacher about the TOEFL dates.
- Call me tomorrow after 3 to set up the marketing meeting at the University of California - Berkeley.
- The above applies to the verb "to phone" also.
- "I will phone to you about the meeting." x INCORRECT
- "I will phone you about the meeting." + CORRECT