- I will go for London tomorrow. X INCORRECT
- I will go to London tomorrow. + CORRECT
GRAMMAR: to go to
- to go + to + verb (eat, sleep, study, etc)
- to go + to + place (the US, India, Vietnam, etc)
- Don't use "for". "For" is used but very seldom and is not the focus of this page.
For = reason: John is going for an X-ray this afternoon
- Don't go to Chicago in the Winter!
- I go to the movies every Saturday night.
- She goes to work at 8.
- We can go to Europe next month.
- Maria didn't go to the US to study English but to Canada.
- They always go for a swim in the afternoon. < REASON