- Using "lose" when you should use "miss".
- "lose" is an irregular verb. No "ed" !!! I lost my keys yesterday.
(missed - have missed)
THINK: feelings, time, schedule, event, people. Also erros on a test.
- She missed her flight to New York and arrived a day late for the conference. CORRECT
- He missed the party because he was sick.
- I miss my Brother a lot.
- If we miss the train, we will have to stay another night here in Bangkok.
- You are missing your front teeth!
- I missed the first two questions on the quiz.
(lost - have lost)
THINK: things, something you had, but don't have now. Also in sports.
- I lost my flight to NYC. INCORRECT
- He lost a lot patients when he moved to the new hospital.
- Do you think you will win or lose money in Las Vegas?
- She lost her purse on the flight from Las Vegas to Miami.
- I think I might lose my job because of the recession.
- Brazil lost the World Cup.
- Real Madrid lost their game last night.