- CORRECT: He recommended going to San Francisco instead of NYC.
- INCORRECT: He recommended me going to San Francisco instead of NYC.
- Can you recommend a good Italian restaurant in New York City?
- Can you indicate a good Italian restaurant in New York City? INCORRECT
- I recommend that you study English at least three times a week.
- I recommend studying English three times a week.
- The Doctor recommended that I rest and drink lots of liquids.
- My friend recommended that I move to Atlanta because of all the good jobs.
- I recommend that you practice speaking English before your trip to Dallas.
- She recommended practicing English before my trip to Dallas.
- Who recommended me?
- What wine would you recommend I buy for Christmas?
- Would you please recommend a good, but inexpensive restaurant near here?
- Will you recommend that he be fired from the hospital staff?
that = optional
SEE: to suggest