UPDATED: 14 JUN 19
was going to + place
- I was going to the bank when my car broke down.
- She was going to the mall when she was robbed.
- They were going to New York when their flight was cancelled.
- Where was she going when she got robbed?
- I was going to go to Las Vegas next month, but I think I'll wait until next year.
was going to + verb + but
- I was going to buy the car, but changed my mind.
- She was going to go to Paris, but got sick.
- They were going to go to the movie, but it rained.
- We were going to operate at 7:00 a.m., but the electricity went off due to a thunderstorm.
- I was going to study English at Berkeley, but changed my mind and went to San Diego instead.